IoT Solutions - ORiN
IOT Data Management Platform
In recent years, a wave of change is moving towards the manufacturing industry. Thanks to innovative technologies from the fields of IT, big data processing, cloud computing and the concept of Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), industry is experiencing a shift towards the so-called smart factory.
IoT: Artificial Intelligence and Networking
Creating a data-networked environment in the manufacturing plant is a major challenge for companies - especially from the SME sector - these days. At the same time, global networking offers innovative companies numerous opportunities. Business processes are to be digitised with the help of technology such as artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The necessary know-how and the right software are crucial for getting started. One thing is certain: For a smart factory, the technology to connect devices within the business and collect data from these devices for analysis purposes is essential.
What exactly is the Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a term used to describe the global networking of physical objects (things) augmented by software, sensors and other technologies so that data can be exchanged between all linked objects.
IoT platform ORiN - modern cloud solution
As the best solution to implement the IoT, we suggest installing ORiN - the Open Resource Interface for the network. ORiN is an IoT data management platform that provides middleware. Using the software, information from different automation devices can be collected more efficiently and shared with manufacturing systems, BI tools and cloud solutions. Data can be freely passed between all connected devices and software systems, transformed and events or applications triggered. Based on ORiN, we have developed various products as DENSO WAVE that offer simple solutions to integrate ORiN functions into existing environments or to build new IoT projects on top of them.
Welcome to Industry 4.0, welcome to the Internet of Things.
- Manufacturing (Andon): Data gathering from production line devices, historic data storage and display using drag & drop web-based dashboard creation. Easily amend and add device information without programming.
- Manufacturing (condition monitoring): Device data collection, routing and database storage for preventative / predictive maintenance software integration.
- Production control: Providing real-time production information for planning software, plus feedback from the system to control the flow/speed of the production line to device level.
- Data Analysis: Built-in data analysis and display tools provide instant views on collected data. Drag & drop web-based screen creation makes bespoke analysis easy.
- Machine / Device utilisation: can be optimised by monitoring and providing visual information, triggered events of free resources.
- Process Definition: Define a new manufacturing process within the ORiN; program free with only configuration. Including Robots, legacy devices and newer OPC-UA compliant ones too.
- Retail: Combining existing disparate devices like PTZ cameras, EAS gates and RFID readers into one whole. These can be monitored, data gather and actions be triggered for customer service, statistics gathering and security.
- Horticulture: monitoring and control the environment in greenhouses, from sensors to controlling ventilation and alerts of out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Smart City: Platform management in stations, monitoring utility installations and much more. Talk to sensors (wireless too), CCTV, security devices (e.g. Zone-D), RFID readers and many other devices. Define processes and triggers/actions when events happen.
- Healthcare: Operating Theatre data gathering and centralised dashboards for surgeons. Drug management using RFID and security using Face Recognition QR Codes.
Or do you have a project and are looking for someone to implement it? Our ORiN Partners & Integrators would be glad to help you.
Would you like to speak to a sales partner in your area directly?
Would you like to get in contact with us, but you don't know exactly who the right contact person is for your concern? Please fill out the following form with your request and we will be happy to answer you.
DENSO WAVE EUROPE GmbH
Parsevalstrasse 9 A
+49 (0)211 - 540138-40
Simply save the address in your smartphone.